A beautiful unabridged 150th Anniversary Edition with 18 original illustrations and a cover from an 1905 edition.
SeaWolf Press is proud to offer another book in its Illustrated Classics Collection. Each book in the collection contains the text, illustrations, and cover from the first or early edition.
Left an orphan after her father's death, Rose Campbell is sent to live at the "Aunt Hill" with her six aunts and seven rowdy boy cousins. For someone who is used to a girl's boarding school, it all seems pretty overwhelming. Her guardian, Uncle Alec, makes her eat healthy things like oatmeal, and even tries to get her to give up her pretty dresses for drab, sensible clothes. Will Rose ever get used to her uncle's crazy notions and all her noisy relatives?
This version has:
- 18 original illustrations from a 1875 edition. Don't be fooled by other versions with missing or made-up pictures.
- Text that has been proofread to avoid errors common in other versions.
- A beautiful cover that replicates an early edition cover.
- The complete text in an easy-to-read font similar to the original.
- Properly formatted text complete with correct indenting, spacing, footnotes, italics, and tables.
Did you find this review helpful?