Only a bear like Paddington could find himself taking a driving test by mistake, becoming a model at an art school, or being sawed in half at a magic show. No matter what adventures await, Paddington always comes through with flying colors.
First published in 1979, Paddington Takes the Test is the eleventh novel by Michael Bond chronicling the adventures of this classic character, and it includes these stories:
- Paddington at the Wheel – Mr Brown has been ordered to re-take his driving test after a minor accident, but a series of misunderstandings leads to Paddington ending up behind the wheel instead.
- In and Out of Trouble – A reluctant Paddington is roped in to test Mr Curry's "new" hammock.
- Paddington and the Stately Home – Mr Gruber takes Paddington, Jonathan and Judy to visit a stately home.
- Paddington and "Bob-a-Job" – Paddington takes part in the local scouts' "bob-a-job" week.
- Paddington Gets a Rise – Paddington tries to make money to buy Mr Brown a birthday present.
- Mr Curry Lets Off Steam – Mr Curry bags himself a free go at Mr Brown's new sauna bath, but lives to regret it.
- Pantomime Time – The Browns and Mr Gruber enjoy a Christmas treat.
Did you find this review helpful?