First published in 1970, Paddington Takes the Air is the ninth classic novel about Michael Bond’s beloved classic character, Paddington Bear. It includes these stories:
- A Visit to the Dentist - Paddington's first visit to a dentist does not go according to plan.
- A Stitch in Time - Paddington's skills with a sewing machine are tested by Mr Curry.
- Riding High - Paddington enters a gymkhana at Judy's school, at which the secret of his horsemanship is revealed.
- Paddington Strikes a Bargain - Paddington goes to great lengths to help Mr Gruber enter his classic car in the local parade.
- The Case of the Doubtful Dummy - Paddington takes inspiration from the stories of the detective Carlton Dale to carry out his own investigation.
- Paddington Recommended - Paddington visits a department store where a case of mistaken identity occurs in the restaurant.
- The Last Dance - Paddington displays his newly-acquired knowledge of ballroom dancing.
Did you find this review helpful?