Paddington Bear loves to lend a paw. From taking a saw to Mr. Curry's kitchen table to extinguishing a surprise flambé, each time Paddington helps out, things tend to get messier before they improve. But with his special tool kit, playful wits, and just a little bit of marmalade, Paddington can take any day and make it extraordinary!
First published in 1960, Paddington Helps Out is the third novel by Michael Bond chronicling the adventures of this classic character. Paddington has warmed the hearts of generations of readers with his earnest good intentions and humorous misadventures. This brand-new paper-over-board edition of the classic novel contains the original text by Michael Bond and illustrations by Peggy Fortnum.
The stories in the third book in the series are:
- A Picnic on the River – Paddington gets more than he bargained for when the Browns hire a boat for a day on the river.
- Paddington Makes a Bid – Mr Gruber takes Paddington to an auction sale.
- Paddington and "Do It Yourself" – After reading a DIY magazine, Paddington tries to make presents for Mr Brown and (reluctantly) Mr Curry.
- A Visit to the Cinema – The Browns go to see a cowboy film. When the special attraction is cancelled, Paddington comes to the rescue.
- Something Nasty in the Kitchen – With Mr and Mrs Brown sick in bed and the rest of the family out of the house, Paddington prepares dinner.
- Trouble at the Launderette – A reluctant Paddington takes Mr Curry's laundry to be cleaned.
- Paddington Dines Out – The Browns organize a special meal for Paddington's birthday.
Did you find this review helpful?