What other bear but Paddington could find himself sent home on his first day of school? Or questioned as a prime witness in court? Or taking a crash course in water-skiing? Trust Paddington to follow his nose for adventure, with a suitcase full of marmalade sandwiches in tow!
First published in 1974, Paddington on Top is the tenth classic novel about Michael Bond’s beloved classic character, Paddington Bear. It features the following stories:
- Paddington Goes to School - Paddington attends a local school and encounters a fearsome teacher.
- Paddington Cleans Up - Paddington encounters a vacuum cleaner salesman, whose offer proves too good to be true.
- Paddington Goes to Court - Mr Gruber aims to explain to Paddington the workings of the law. On a trip to the Royal Courts of Justice, Paddington gets unexpectedly called as a witness.
- A Birthday Treat - The Browns visit the seaside resort of Brightsea to celebrate Paddington's birthday. Whilst there, Paddington takes an interest in a new leisure activity.
- Keeping Fit - Paddington orders a 'home body-building outfit', from an advertisement in one of Mrs Brown's magazines.
- Paddington in Touch - The Browns are invited to a rugby match between the local school and a visiting team from Peru.
- Comings and Goings at Number Thirty-two - The Browns host a visitor from Peru in the run-up to Christmas.
Did you find this review helpful?