Five Level 1 Charlie the Ranch Dog readers in one volume, including:
- Charlie's Snowy Day: When Charlie wakes up to a world covered in snow, he can't wait to go outside. He even takes a break from patrol duty to go sledding with his friends Walter and Sister. But when Walter goes missing, it's up to Charlie to take control of the situation and bring his buddy back.
- Where's the Bacon? A new dog comes to visit. Things get off to a bad start. Rowdy doesn’t understand Charlie is the boss of the ranch. He sleeps in Charlie’s bed, drinks Charlie’s water, and worst of all, he eats Charlie’s bacon. Charlie has to get Rowdy under control. And he really needs to find more bacon!
- Charlie's New Friend: Charlie the Ranch Dog may have met his match in Mr. Rabbit, a sneaky ranch animal that steals from Mama's garden. Charlie tries to think up ways to stop the rabbit from eating up all the yummy carrots, but Mr. Rabbit always seems to be one step ahead!
- Charlie Goes to the Doctor: Mama knows something's wrong with Charlie the Ranch Dog when he's not even hungry for bacon! So they're off to see Dr. Jan. Even though Charlie is nervous about his visit to the doctor, he's not half as scared as Hickory, the puppy he befriends in the waiting room. As the older hound, can Charlie put on a brave face for Hickory? With his usual hilarious antics, Charlie overcomes his fears about the doctor . . . as will the kids who read this book!
- Stuck in the Mud: It's not easy being a cattle dog, but Charlie knows he's the right dog for the job! When Abigail the calf gets stuck in the mud, Charlie springs into action . . . until he gets stuck, too! How will Charlie get out of this sticky situation?
Did you find this review helpful?