Charlie, Charlotte, Natty, and Hairo have grown closer as a family and now the kids will be helping with younger children during their church’s Vacation Bible School (VBS) this year. But math is still at the center of their learning experiences, whether it is explaining what Jesus means to them, or preparing their materials for the VBS students. Math Lessons for a Living Education Level 5 is designed to engage students as they learn about personal character and life’s challenges. This book includes:
- Convenient course schedule and answer keys to make teaching the course easy
- Essential review of basic math skills to help students master more advanced concepts
- Lessons on two-digit divisors, factoring, reducing fractions, common multiples, common and uncommon denominators, mixed numbers, multiplying fractions, multiplying decimals, divisibility rules, dividing decimals, dividing fractions, making change, and much more!
Follow along as Charlie and Hairo earn money helping Mr. Smith clean up their auto shop, while Charlotte and Natty volunteer at the local library. Everyone learns about how to manage their personal money and the importance of being responsible. They gather with family for the holidays and plan their own family fiesta! Everyone even gets to enjoy three weeks at a wilderness camp and create their own basic survival kits – all of these adventures have learning math concepts at the core of the story!
The concepts of this wonderful math series are not taught through drill only, but also through encouraging the student to hone their critical thinking skills and think outside of the box. This curriculum teaches the student math, but it is not result-oriented, focusing only on grades; instead, it is skill and process-oriented. Students discover that it is in the everyday that we grow and become who we are meant to be.
Table of Contents
- Using this Course
- Lesson 1: Review of All Addition and Subtraction
- Lesson 2: Review of All Division and Multiplication
- Lesson 3: Review of All Geometry
- Lesson 4: Review of All Measurement
- Lesson 5: Review of All Fractional Concepts
- Lesson 6: Review of All Decimal Concepts
- Lesson 7: 10, 100, 1,000 (multiplying/dividing)
- Lesson 8: Introduction to 2 Digit Divisors
- Lesson 9: More Work with Division
- Lesson 10: Three Ways of Division/Remainders as Fractions
- Lesson 11: Review!
- Lesson 12: Factoring
- Lesson 13: Common Factors, Greatest Common Factor, and Reducing Fractions
- Lesson 14: Proper and Improper Fractions
- Lesson 15: Changing Improper Fractions
- Lesson 16: Sums Containing Improper Fractions
- Lesson 17: Least Common Multiples
- Lesson 18: Least Common Multiples/Finding a Common Denominator (Part 1)
- Lesson 19: Least Common Multiples/Finding a Common Denominator (Part 2)
- Lesson 20: Adding Fractions and Mixed Numbers with Uncommon Denominators
- Lesson 21: Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers with Uncommon Denominators
- Lesson 22: Adding and Subtracting Mixed Numbers with Common Denominators
- Lesson 23: Adding Mixed Numbers with Uncommon Denominators
- Lesson 24: Subtracting Mixed Numbers with Uncommon Denominators
- Lesson 25: Review!
- Lesson 26: Multiplying Fractions
- Lesson 27: Divisibility Rules & Dividing Fractions
- Lesson 28: Multiplying Decimals
- Lesson 29: Dividing Decimals
- Lesson 30: Making Change
- Lesson 31: Review of All Division
- Lesson 32: Review of Factoring, Common Factors & Greatest Common Factors
- Lesson 33: Review of Fractional Concepts Part 1
- Lesson 34: Review of Fractional Concepts Part 2
- Lesson 35: Review of Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
- Lesson 36: Review of Multiplying and Dividing Decimals
- Manipulative Section
- Solutions Manual
Did you find this review helpful?