Update: Understanding that computers with CD-ROMs are becoming increasingly rare, we spoke to Home School in the Woods about their downloadable version of this product, and they've agreed that (for now) if you purchase this CD (new copies only!) and submit a copy of the receipt to them, they will also make the download available to you. A great deal!
Timelines are a wonderful way to see all of history at a glance. They help visualize the procession of time and how one event spurs on another. They also help you see history by the slice—what was happening at various places in the world at the same time. Timelines help the most visual of learners grasp the abstract idea of "time." Creating your own timeline benefits the kinesthetic learner because of the cutting and coloring of timeline figures. Using figures with descriptive text are wonderful for auditory learners because the text helps remind them of key points for each person or event. Best of all, timelines inspire a love of learning about the people and events that made a mark in the world, reinforcing that knowledge by taking part in putting the "puzzle" of history together!
It isn't necessary to use pre-made timeline figures—you can draw your own on a strip of computer paper if you like—but having them ready-made makes putting a timeline together easier, and as a result, you'll be more likely to do it. It also gives you a wider range of people and events to discuss and more information than you might quickly find on your own.
This 2-CD set allows the freedom to print timeline figures in a variety of ways and sizes, to suit whatever project you're working on! It contains 1,260+ figures, all of the material from the four timeline figures packages, plus 80 bonus figures!
- Both CDs contain figures in two formats: One with text descriptions for those who prefer an encapsulated summary, and one with only a name and date, allowing the child to add in the information, or for easier use in projects.
- Both CDs have "Timeline Helps," our website information of helpful ideas for using the figures with wall and notebook timelines, suggestions for use in a variety of resources and games, and tips for coloring and gluing the figures!
CD 1 Includes:
- PDF pages of all the figures in our four History Through the Ages Timeline sets:
- Plus PDF pages of 80 NEW Bonus Figures!
CD 2 Includes:
- For advanced projects, a gallery of images (GIF format) of more than 1,260 timeline images that can be enlarged or reduced, allowing versatile uses such as coloring book pages, notebook timelines, complements to research papers, games, and more! Offered as individual images, this allows you to pick and choose exact figures you'd like without having to print off a whole page of extras you may not need at the moment.
- Over 30 helpful categories, stored in web browser format: Chronological, alphabetical, and several classifications that help make topical studies a breeze!
Windows & Macintosh compatible
Acrobat Reader required
Did you find this review helpful?