Discipline. . .Commitment. . .Obedience
What do these words mean to you? If you know they mean more than going to church and prayer meetings and doing God's will wherever possible—but aren't sure about all that these words represent—then Discipline: The Glad Surrender can help you understand their true meaning. Here Elisabeth Elliot shows you how to:
- discipline your mind, body, possessions, time, and feelings
- overcome anxiety
- change poor work habits and attitudes toward your job, coworkers, and employer
- trust God in times of trial and hardship
- let Christ have control in all areas of your life
Through personal anecdotes and biblical illustrations, Elisabeth Elliot reveals the fulfillment experienced by those who trust and obey God. This book will equip you to do God's will joyfully, whatever it may be.
Table of Contents:
- Created, Cared for, Called
- Discipline: The Answer to God's Call
- How Do We Know We Are Called?
- Under Orders
- Grace, Book, Spirit—and One Thing More
- A Sovereign God and a Man's Choice
- The Discipline of the Body
- The Discipline of the Mind
- The Discipline of Place
- The Discipline of Time
- The Discipline of Possessions
- The Discipline of Work
- The Discipline of Feelings
- Exchange: My Life for His
Did you find this review helpful?