This has been completely redesigned and expanded from the earlier text History of California through Literature.
With carefully selected literature that teaches a providential view of California's story, the student will study aspects of geography, map-making, Bible principles and poetry. This literature approach to history has proven very popular with teachers and students alike.
- Discovery of the Americas
- Once Upon a Mastodon
- California Indians (Sonneborn)
- Island of the Blue Dolphins
- Adopted by Indians (Mayfield)
- Cruise of the Arctic Star
- Story of California (McNeer)
- Juniperro Serra
- Song of the Swallows
- Patty Reed's Doll
- Jessie Benton Fremont: California Pioneer
- By the Great Horn Spoon!
- Riders of the Pony Express
- John Muir (Lasky)
- Coolies (Yin)
- With Open Hands: A Story About Biddy Mason (Ferris)
- Blue Willow
- Esperanza Rising
- Who Was Walt Disney?
- Who Was Steve Jobs?
- The Forest in the Trees (McLennan)
Did you find this review helpful?