Why are we drawn to fiction and fantasy? What is at the root of man's desire for unlimited power?
Join our quest as we embark upon finding the answers to those questions and more as we read:
- The Epic of Gilgamesh (pre-edited .pdf provided)
- The Golden Bough (.pdf provided)
- The Odyssey (Fagles translation)
- Beowulf (Heaney translation)
- 1001 Arabian Nights (ebook provided)
- Le Morte D'Arthur (ebook provided)
- A Hero Born
- The Tempest
- The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus (.pdf provided)
Great Books is an honors-level class that incorporates Bible, classic literature, and various essay writing skills. This is a gently challenging course for those who want a superior, education focusing on the classics. Together, we will wrestle with the ideas contained in the Great Books that have shaped Western civilization, and filter these ideas through the lens of Scripture. Socratic and Harkness discussions and thematic essays aid in revealing the truths—and errors—of these great works.
Equivalent to 1.5 credits for transcript.
Meets online Wednesdays, 10-11:30 a.m. PST. You can sign up for classes here: https://www.wearewordwielders.com/
*contains distinctly Christian content
Did you find this review helpful?