Make art appreciation simple and beautiful!
Everything you need to successfully do picture study is in this easy-to-use portfolio. Just one 15-minute lesson once a week is all it takes to spread this feast and cultivate within your children an appreciation for what is just, true, and beautiful.
“We cannot measure the influence that one or another artist has upon the child’s sense of beauty, upon his power of seeing, as in a picture, the common sights of life; he is enriched more than we know in having really looked at even a single picture.”—Charlotte Mason
This Picture Study Portfolio contains
- Full-color works—Eight beautiful pictures by Gainsborough are included, so you have freedom to choose your six favorites. These convenient art prints come on 8.5″ x 11″ UV coated card stock for fade resistance and durability.
- A Picture Study handbook specific to Gainsborough—With the Picture Study handbook, you will have everything you need for successful picture study gathered into one place in an easy-to-use format.
- Inspiration—Charlotte Mason’s own words about why and how to do picture study.
- How To Use—A simple 5-step plan to follow at your own pace.
- Artist Biography—A short, living biography about Gainsborough, appropriate for all ages.
- Recommended Reading List—An annotated list of suggested books for optional further study, with age-level recommendations.
- Leading Thoughts—Interesting additional information and ideas that will invite more discussion about each picture included in the portfolio.
- Specifics—Helpful information about the sizes, current locations, and creation dates of the original works of art. Great for informal size comparisons, geography relations, and Book of Centuries entries.
- A Sturdy Portfolio Envelope—The attractive 10″ x 13″ envelope keeps your art prints and handbook protected, organized, and easy to store!
- The Blue Boy (Portrait of Jonathan Buttall)
- Mr. and Mrs. Andrews
- Mrs. Richard Brinsley Sheridan
- Johann Christian Bach
- Ann Ford (Later Mrs. Philip Thicknesse)
- Coastal Landscape with a Shepherd and His Flock
- An Officer of the 4th Regiment of Foot (Richard St George Mansergh-St George)
- The Mall in St. James’s Park
Did you find this review helpful?