This is a combination of the two books that have been around for several years—Major Punctuation and General Punctuation. Similar to Saxon Math, this is a punctuation rule book with examples, repetition, formulas that can be applied continuously, and much, much more. A complete guide to punctuation.
"The lessons are quick and painless, about 5-10 minutes each, and you will find these exercises more interesting than what's usually found in grammar texts since they are examples from real books." — Teresa Schultz-Jones, national reviewer
Jensen’s Punctuation is a punctuation rule book with page after page of examples for students to work through. It has been developed with constant repetition for long-term retention and includes exercises taken from classical literature. All of the answer keys for exercises and tests are included with this one volume.
Students completing this course will learn valuable skills.
- the five basic rules for compound sentences that solve 75-90% of your punctuation problems.
- how to use the punctuation index to help you master all the punctuation rules worth knowing.
- the three types of key words and how they signal what type of punctuation is needed, if any.
- what kinds of words in what kinds of situations need capitals and how to identify them in sentences.
- when and when not to use a comma with modifiers occurring in various positions in a sentence.
- how to correctly use the semicolon in the most common situation in which it occurs.
Did you find this review helpful?