Accelerate your student's learning with All About Spelling Letter Tiles! The letters and letter combinations on the tiles correspond to the basic phonograms, making them the perfect manipulative for teaching spelling.
The phonogram tiles are color-coded for faster learning:
- Consonants and consonant teams are blue.
- Vowels and vowel teams are red.
- Tiles representing the sound of /er/ are purple.
- The remaining r-controlled vowels are yellow.
- Tiles representing the sound of /sh/ are green.
- And the apostrophe and ed are orange.
The five heading labels help you group your tiles on the table while you are teaching. Logically grouping the tiles makes them easy to locate during a spelling lesson and aids visual memory.
Each set contains 105 tiles—two each of letters a to z, one each of the remaining letter combinations, and five blank tiles.
Other features and benefits include:
- The tilesglide smoothly on the table, making it easy to pull down letters, form words, and swap letters.
- The 1” square size makes them easy for children’s hands to manipulate.
- Tiles easily wipe clean.
- The letter tiles and heading labels are printed on 8 1/2 x 11" laminated cardstock, ready for you to cut apart.
- Affordable, so each student can have his or her own set.
- Durable and designed to last through many years of use.
The letter tiles can be used alone or in conjunction with the Phonogram Cards and The Phonograms: An Interactive Audio Program. They are also a necessary component of All About Spelling, the spelling program that uses letter tiles to demonstrate spelling concepts.
Did you find this review helpful?