Is your student prepared for the essay portion of the new SAT? WriteShop can help!
In addition to teaching descriptive narration, narrative voice, and point of view, WriteShop II offers six comprehensive lessons in essay writing. Students learn to write and edit opinion essays, compare/contrast essays, and essays that describe or define. Special focus is placed on writing timed essays. The Teacher's Manual (included in the WriteShop I basic curriculum set) includes dozens of essay topics to help your teen practice this important skill.
Recommended for grades 8-12. Most students will need to complete WriteShop I first, but an older student with a strong foundation in basic writing skills can launch right in to WriteShop II.
- This consumable workbook contains 14 lessons
- Most students complete WriteShop II in one year (two weeks per lesson)
- Step-by-step instructions for each lesson, written to the student
- Skill Builders to teach and reinforce new concepts
- Student and Teacher Writing Skills Checklists specific to each lesson (one per lesson)
- Composition and Essay Evaluation Forms (one per lesson)
- Seventeen exhaustive word banks
- Order one workbook for each additional student
Did you find this review helpful?