W. Robert Godfrey has written this personal story of how he came to Reformed Christianity to show the "value and vitality" of Calvinism in an individual life.
Godfrey's journey started when as a teenager he first heard of Calvinism. Sharing his heart and his sense of humor, he describes his first experience with a Reformed congregation, his introduction to God's inspired Word, and his discovery of biblical worship.
Along his journey, Godfrey learned that "God is always present with me. Whether I go to the highest heavens or the deepest sea or travel to a distant point on the earth, God is as fully present there as anywhere else."
"For too many, Calvinism has seemed either an intellectual exercise in theology or an inherited religious commitment," Godfrey writes. "I believe that Reformed Christianity is the best, fullest form of biblical religion. And with that provocative claim, I hope that you will read and reflect on what follows."
Table of Contents:
1. Hearing About Calvinism - God in Control, Psalm 139
2. Experiencing a Congregation, Psalm 84
3. Getting Acquainted with the Bible, Psalm 119:97-144
4. Disciplines for Christian Living, Ephesians 4:17-5:17
5. Promises, Romans 5:1-21
6. Certainty, Ephesians 1:1-23
7. Always More, Colossians 1:1-14
8. Callings, Genesis 1:26-2:3
9. History, Psalm 78:1-8, 65-72
10. Dual Citizenship, Ephesians
11. Law and Spirit, Romans 6-7
12. Centrality of Worship, Hebrews 12:18-29
13. Passion, Psalm 66
Did you find this review helpful?