Leading British Tintinologist and journalist, Michael Farr, presents his choice of the dozen most important and colorful characters from The Adventures of Tintin in Tintin & Co., revealing their origins, inspirations, and the source of their enduring fascination. This handsome, lavishly-illustrated volume takes a closer look at the remarkable cast that enriches the adventures:
- Snowy from Tintin in the Land of the Soviets, 1929-30
- Coco from Tintin in the Congo
- Snowy and arch-villain Boerto Rastapopoulos from Tintin in America
- Boerto Rastapopoulos and the hapless Thom(p)sons in Cigars of the Pharaoh
- Boerto in The Blue Lotus
- the unpredictable Captain Haddock in The Crab with the Golden Claws (1941
- the inventor Professor Calculus, and prima donna Banica Castafiore, in King Ottokar's Sceptre (1938)
- the delinquent Arab prince Abdullah
- the smug insurance salesman Jolyon Wagg
- the constant revolutionary General Alcazar
- and the sinisterly Teutonic villain Muller.
Hardcover, mostly color, some b&w.
Did you find this review helpful?