"But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed." (Isaiah 53:5 ESV)
It’s been called the “Fifth Gospel” since the early days of the church, and no wonder—few Bible passages give us a more vivid picture of Christ’s suffering, death, and exaltation than Isaiah 53.
Take a few days to study this song of the Suffering Servant with me. When we’re done, we’ll have a deeper understanding of God’s great love for us. With the Holy Spirit’s help, Isaiah 53 can make us more humble, more grateful, more in love with our God and His Son who suffered and died for us.
This is a Bible study designed especially for busy mothers:
- It looks at just one chapter of the Bible for thirty days.
- It doesn’t require a “quiet time.” You just need 5-30 minutes a day. If you can only manage five minutes a day, then take several days to complete each lesson.
- It digs deep, but just a little at a time.
- It gives you a plan. You will know what to do when you sit down to study. It teaches you how to study.
- It gives you optional lessons for your children, if you want to involve them in your study.
Did you find this review helpful?