The Early Modern Times edition in Susan Wise Bauer's acclaimed children's narrative history, this audio book covers the period from 1600 to 1850, and is read by award-winning storyteller Jim Weiss.
"The audio book version of The Story of the World is an invaluable resource for any parent who wants to arouse a child's interest in history (or for any listener who wants to catch up on history in the car!). High quality, easy to use, beautifully indexed (you can find any chapter or section immediately!), and performed with excellence—I give it my heartiest endorsement."—Susan Wise Bauer
- No music, sound effects, or other distractions over the text
- Painstakingly tracked every three to five minutes to help you find your place. In most cases, track marks correspond with natural chapter or section breaks in the text to preserve coherence. In other cases, tracks occur at natural textual transitions
- Included booklet contains detailed CD and track listings, with references to the print book chapter and section titles for use with the text
- CD faces bear large numbers, making it easy to grab the next disc at a glance, in the car or anywhere
- Chapter numbers and titles are also printed on the CD faces, so you don't have to search for the booklet unnecessarily
- Special CD sleeves actually increase the life of your product by wicking dirt and debris away from the disc surface
- Unabridged. Approximately 10 hours on 8 compact discs
(MP3 format) The French in the New World Emperor Chi'en-lung's Library The Work of the Abolitionists
Did you find this review helpful?