Released late in 2010, this album is a collection of live recordings made at Sons of Korah concerts between 2005 and 2010. Most tracks were recorded in their hometown of Geelong, Victoria, Australia but three of the tracks were recorded during their 2009 tour of the Netherlands. This album attempts to capture the emotion, energy and atmosphere of their live concerts, as they journey into the spiritual drama of the Psalms. Of all their work to date, this album probably best shows the band's "Australianness."
Thirteen tracks are composed of six live versions of Psalms from previous albums, one instrumental double bass track (sounding very much like a didgeridoo), and six new songs: Psalm 27 in three parts, 100 (called "Shout"—fantastic!), 147A (they did 147B in Resurrection), and 91. For a limited time this CD will be packaged with their full length LIVE DVD.
Samples in MP3 Format
- Psalm 130 - More than the Watchman (5:41)
- Psalm 137 - Babylon (5:01)
- Psalm 69 - Looking for God (4:50)
- Psalm 42 Part 1 - Streams of Water (3:43)
- Double Bass Instrumental (2:49)
- Psalm 93 - The Seas Have Lifted Up (4:40)
- Psalm 27 Part 1 - Whom Shall I Fear (2:31)
- Psalm 27 Part 2 - One Thing (4:26)
- Psalm 27 Part 3 - In the Day of Trouble (2:58)
- Psalm 80 - Restore Us (5:41)
- Psalm 100 - Shout (4:27)
- Psalm 147A - Hallelujah (3:08)
- Psalm 91 - Long Life (7:46)
Did you find this review helpful?