Simple Machines covers these concepts:
• work is done when a force is used to move something over a distance
• some jobs take more work that other jobs
• machines make work easier
• machines may have few
• many, or no moving parts
• the lever is a simple machine
• the wheel and axle is a simple machine
• the pulley is a simple machine
• the inclined plane is a simple machine
• the screw is a simple machine
• the wedge is a simple machine.
A variety of engaging activities present the concepts in ways that students can understand. Each concept presented includes:
• teacher directions for lessons
• reproducible resource pages such as sets of picture cards, minibooks, and lab sheets to record the results of hands-on investigations
Did you find this review helpful?