A book to help you discover—or rediscover—the art of teaching catechism to your children. It delves into the history of catechizing. . .all the way back to Moses!—and also explains the relevance and need of it, before practically explaining how to teach a catechism.
Table of Contents:
- A Tale of Two Cities
- Anchoring in the Past
- The Meaning of Catechizing
- The Meaning and Place of Catechisms
- The Importance of Catechism
- The History of Catechizing: Moses to Paul
- The History of Catechizing: Alexandria to Massachusetts
- An Encouraging Word
- Covenantal Catechism
- How Shall We Teach Catechism?
- Teaching Catechism: Memorizing and Questioning
- Teaching Catechism: Review and Repetition
- Teaching Catechism: Learning and Singing Songs
- Who Is Taught? Who Teaches?
- Putting a Program Together
- Catching a Catechist
- Battle ProvenAppendix A: Selected Confessions and Catechisms
Appendix B: Publishers and Bookstores
Did you find this review helpful?