A "must have" for all pastors, this handbook (5 1/2" wide by 7 3/4" high) will help you as you minister to persons in the critical time of grief. Jim Henry is pastor of a 10,000-member church in Orlando, Florida. He has been a pastor in service for thirty-six years and also served as president of the Southern Baptist Convention.Part 1 includes guidelines in seven vital areas of grief ministry including, what to do in the following situations:
- On Receiving Notification of a Death
- When Visiting in the Home
- During the Funeral Home Visit
- During the Service
- When Concluding the Service
- At the Gravesite
Part 2 includes twenty-three full-length funeral messages (4-8 pages each) for different situations including the following:
- Sudden unexpected death
- One who battled a long illness
- A military person of faith
- A child
- A student
- A godly wife, mother, or woman
This is a much-needed manual for pastors, ministers, and laymen alike who are called on to minister in funeral and memorial services.
Did you find this review helpful?