The first of the "Investigate" levels, and designed for third to eighth graders (although adaptable for slightly younger students), Exploring Countries and Cultures integrates science, Bible, reading, geography, art, and music together into one program with a focus on exploring world cultures. From inspiring tales of real-life missionaries to learning about rainforests and deserts, the materials of the program are designed to teach your children what they need to know while keeping learning fun and exciting.
Explore different countries with Illustrated World Atlas and A Trip Around the World. Encourage children in their love of reading with books like Hero Tales. Children can learn about the plants and animals in the countries they are learning about with simple science books like Living World Encyclopedia. Teach them about the need for evangelism with Window on the World, and increase their knowledge and love for God with daily bible readings, memory verses, and other activities. Hands-on activities like Global Art and Wee Sing Around the World help your child remember and enjoy what they’re learning. Part of the design of this program is its ability to be used for any aged child. If your child is the oldest, then go ahead and begin at the beginning. If you have more than one child, my Father’s World designs its curriculum so that younger children can learn along with their older siblings, instead of having to teach a different level for each child. Exploring Countries and Cultures successfully integrates the subjects your student needs to know while focusing on God’s word and his hand in the world.
If you own a 2nd edition of Exploring Countries and Cultures, consider upgrading to the 3rd edition. The core of the program has not changed, but several books have been revised or replaced.
- In 2016, the Classroom Atlas 13th Edition and Properties of Ecosystems 4th Edition were released.
- In 2017, Kisses From Katie replaced Peace Child in the 7th and 8th Grade Supplement.
- In 2019, Window on the World released a new edition and the Book Basket list was updated.
- In 2022, Exploring Countries and Cultures 3rd Edition was released.
- The following resources were removed from the package: Maps and Globes, A Trip Around the World, Another Trip Around the World, and Wee Sing Around the World. Content is now included in the 3rd Edition Teacher's Manual, Student Sheets, and Come to the Table.
- Cameron Townsend was removed.
- Global Art was replaced with The World of Art.
- Complete Book of Animals is required for 2nd/3rd grade.
NOTE: Current 3rd Edition Student Sheets are not compatible with older Teacher Manuals.
You may exchange your Exploring Countries and Cultures Teacher's Manual for the current edition for $58. Please call the MFW office at 573-202-2000 to request the upgrade exchange. You can also call them if you need Student Sheets for the 2nd edition.
Did you find this review helpful?