This all-new edition of America's best college-level desk dictionary contains a wealth of reference information, including more than . . .
- 225,000 clear and precise definitions
- 165,000 entries
- 10,000 new words and meanings
- 94,000 pronunciations
- 40,000 usage examples
- 38,000 etymologies
- 12,000 geographical names
- 7,500 idioms and phrases
- 6,000 biographical names
- 4,000 usage notes
- 3,000 illustrative quotations
- 700 pictorial illustrations
- 700 foreign words and phrases
Completely redesigned and redefined, Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Eleventh Edition, sets a new standard for college-level desk dictionaries.
Did you find this review helpful?