George Washington, who was legendary by the end of the American Revolution, was called by his fellow patriot, "first in war, first in peace, and first in the hearts of his countrymen."
But George was also
* a little boy who dreamed of becoming a military officer just like his half brother Lawrence,
* the ardent suitor of the beautiful young widow Martha Custis,
* commander in chief of the Continental army,
* hero of the Revolutionary War, and
* first president of the United States.
Did you find this review helpful?