The story of the first successful voyage to circumnavigate the world and of the European exploration of South America.
This book follows the daring voyage of Ferdinand Magellan, a man driven by the age-old dream of finding a way to Asia by traveling westward. Using pictures from the 16th century to the present day, this volume tells how Magellan:
- Made preparations for the voyage
- Sailed around Tierra del Fuego, the tip of South America
- Faced disaster as he crossed the Pacific
- Made the voyage across the Atlantic and sighted land
- Died before his journey was completed
As Magellan made this historic voyage around the world, the European exploration of South America continued.
This book details:
- The journey of Hernando Cortez
- How the mighty Aztec and Inca Empires were destroyed
- The exploits of other explorers
- The impact Europe and South America had on each other
Did you find this review helpful?