Enjoy good-time learning with scientific lyrics set to fun, toe-tapping historical tunes! These award-winning CD/text/workbook sets are rigorous, systematic—and humorous! Sing along with everything from fiddles to Irish pipes to brass bands. Produced in a variety of traditional styles by one-man-band Bobby Horton.
Texts include foundational concepts and vocabulary, in-depth explanations of lyrics, line drawings, and sheet music with guitar chords for your own science sing-alongs. Workbooks are reproducible.
Your body doesn't seem so complicated when you sing about it system by system—all 11 of them.
- Introduction to the Human Body (Acoustic) to the tune of "The Rebel Soldier"
- The Skeletal System (Light Opera) to the tune of "Tarantella"
- The Muscular System (New Orleans Blues) to the tune of "Erie Canal"
- The Nervous System (Old Time) to the tune of "Old Joe Clark"
- The Sensory System (Acoustic swing) to the tune of "Caissons go Rolling Along"
- The Reproductive System (Irish Waltz) to the tune of "Star of the County Down"
- The Digestive System (Swing) to the tune of "The Coffee in the Army"
- The Excretory System (Martial/folk) to the tune of "Goober Peas"
- The Circulatory System (Western Swing) to the tune of "Red River Valley"
- The Immune and Lymph Systems (Mariachi) to the tune of "La Cucaracha"
- The Respiratory System (1890's Circus) to the tune of "The Man on the Flying Trapeze"
- The Endocrine System (Folk) to the tune of "Fox went out on a Chilly Night"
- "Ologies" (the study of) (Caribbean) to the tune of "Jamaica Farewell"
Did you find this review helpful?