This book takes readers from President Thomas Jefferson's cherished vision of an exploratory mission across the North American continent through Lewis and Clark's three-year journey into unknown territory and their triumphant return. Twenty-one activities bring the journey to life.
- Record history by drawing pictures on a winter count calendar
- Stitch a pair of homemade moccasins
- Distinguish and track animal prints
- Speak in sign language
- Stir up a batch of Great Plains Stew
- Preserve, identify and label plants
- Create a buffalo mask and dance rattle
A glossary of terms and listings of Lewis and Clark sites, museums, and related Web sites are also included in this fun, hands-on exploration of the Lewis and Clark journey.
Did you find this review helpful?