Beautiful edition with all 60 first edition illustrations and a Foreword by the translator Frederick Malleson.
SeaWolf Press is proud to offer another book in its Jules Verne 100th Anniversary Collection. Each book in the collection contains the text and illustrations from the first or an early edition.
This version has:
- All 60 original illustrations. Don't be fooled by other versions with missing or made-up pictures.
- A nice foreword by the translator Frederick Malleson.
- Text that has been proofread to avoid errors common in other versions.
- The complete text in an easy-to-read font similar to the original.
- Properly formatted text complete with correct indenting, spacing, footnotes, italics, and tables.
When Axel deciphers an old parchment that describes a secret passage through a volcano to the center of the earth, nothing will stop his eccentric Uncle Lidonbrock from setting out at once. So, with silent Hans the guide, the two men embark on a perilous, astonishing, terrifying journey through the subterranean world—the most incredible voyage ever!
Did you find this review helpful?