Exodus Books is growing! See our current job openings below.
Job Title: Bookstore Assistant
We’re looking for an upbeat, friendly person to be the face of Exodus in our new Oregon City bookstore! Must love people, homeschoolers, and books. You will primarily work helping customers find what they need at our bookstore.
You will also perform varied record keeping, clerical and operational duties in a bookstore. Work is accomplished within well-defined procedures and involves considerable interaction with customers. Exodus values professionalism in its employees , and expects employees to act with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer service in accordance with bookstore philosophy.
- Assist in the processing of all bookstore sales, including walk-in and phone sales.
- Acquire product knowledge of items sold and needs of Exodus bookstores
- Train in all standard operational procedures and assist other staff in the general operation of Exodus bookstores
- Responds to customer questions about merchandise and policies.
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Verifies database statements and investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Assists in pricing and bar-coding textbooks and pricing other merchandise.
- Enters and retrieves data, and produces records and reports using inventory management database systems.
- Trouble shoots problems relating to the system.
- Checks shipments coming in and compares to invoices and orders.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
While performing the duties of this position, you will be frequently required to sit, communicate, bend, reach and manipulate objects, tools or controls. The position requires mobility. Medium physical exertion; duties involve moving materials weighing 10-25 pounds on a regular basis and 20-50 pounds on an occasional basis with assistance.
Hours: To be determined based on mutual agreement, but you need to have availability to work on Saturdays over the summer. Hours will be part-time with the possibility of expanding towards full-time as the company grows. If you have children and/or need a somewhat flexible schedule, please don't hesitate to reach out to discuss. We are building a team and the schedule will be adjusting as we grow.
Compensation: Depends on experience
Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is typical of most office/retail environments, but can be hectic and fast-paced at times. Significant daily contact in person and by phone with customers and staff.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot guarantee a reply to all submissions.