PLEASE NOTE: this is your last chance to buy this item. We will NOT be buying it again. Also, this product is NOT RETURNABLE, and SOLD AS-IS. If it is used, it may have defects, such as highlighting, torn pages or loose cover.
This second edition of An Introduction to the Old Testament integrates and interacts with recent developments in Old Testament scholarship. Several distinctive set it apart from other introductions to the Old Testament:
• It is thoroughly evangelical in its perspective
• It emphasizes “special introduction”—the study of individual books
• It interacts in an irenic spirit with the historical-critical method
• It features points of research history and representative scholars rather than an exhaustive treatment of past scholarship
• It deals with the meaning of each book, not in isolation but in a canonical context
• It probes the meaning of each book in the setting of its culture
Including callouts, charts, and graphs, this text is written with an eye on understanding the nature of Old Testament historiography. This upper-level introduction to the Old Testament offers students a solid understanding of three key issues: historical background, literary analysis, and theological message.
Did you find this review helpful?