Geography Through Art is the ultimate book of international art projects. Join your children on an artistic journey to more than twenty-five countries spanning six continents. This Internet-linked book includes a variety of project types, from watercolor to paper mache to sculpting and more.
- QuickSketch: assignments with step-by-step examples
- ArtistProfile: bios of famous artist's contribution to society
- CultureConnection: commonalities of art in different cultures
- Materials Lists: included with every project
- Geography Summaries
- Reproducible Maps and Templates
- Student Level Ratings
- Internet linked for in-depth study opportunities
- Recipe references to Eat Your Way Around the World
Use this book as an exciting way to supplement any study of geography, history, or social studies. Geography Through Art is sure to make a lasting addition to your home or school library. You'll find yourself reaching for this indispensable guide again and again to delight and engage students in learning about geography through the culture and art of peoples around the world.
Here are just a few of the exciting projects inside:
- Russian Mosaics
- Polish Paper Cutting
- Australian Didgeridoos
- Indian Batik
- Japanese Fish Printing
- Chinese Scrolls
- Aboriginal Dot Painting
- Stained Glass Windows
- Pennsylvania Dutch Fraktur
- Tagua Nut Carvings
Did you find this review helpful?