Join in the fun with Hazel the Hippo and Jimmy the Jackrabbit who learn the value of friendship in Fun with Friends! The 29 stories in this delightfully illustrated reader will be an exciting addition to your students’ reading journey. This is the first book (2a) in the Abeka Reading Program for 2nd grade. Each of the ten books gradually advance your students’ reading skills. Gr. 2.
- Character-building truths. As your students read stories about Jay and his pup Ruff, or Travis and his friend Jen, they will learn the value of Christian character traits such as friendship, gratitude, and forgiveness.
- Focus on phonics. Phonics rules and special sounds are placed throughout the book. Students have an opportunity to practice challenging words in the “Words to Watch For” box at the beginning of each story. Designed to be read in conjunction with corresponding pages of Handbook for Reading. Students can approach the story feeling confident and prepared as they learn to read step by step.
- Literary terms. Introduction to literary parts of a story. Literary terms such as the title, author, character, and main character are highlighted throughout.
- Creative Writing. Your students can celebrate their favorite character in the back of the book for creative writing and creative drawing. These activities enhance and assess comprehension of story book characters.
- Reading comprehension and review. Know that your students understand! Each story is followed by an exercise such as matching sentences with pictures, reading words or phrases from the story, or marking true statements about what happened in the story. Other comprehension and discussion questions are included in the Teacher Edition (sold separately).
A Beka does not sell their materials to retail bookstores, preferring instead to sell their products through representatives and through their website. As a result, we can offer only used A Beka, and can't guarantee we'll get it. We offer here the current retail price of the book for your information, but if our page does not say "Buy Used," we do not have a copy.
Did you find this review helpful?