In 1776, 56 men signed their names on a document that they knew might well mean their certain deaths as traitors to England. Standing on principles of faith and liberty, these men forged a powerful call for freedom and human dignity still resonating today in America. Yet, historical revisionists have distorted or attempted to wipe away every trace of this nation's Christian heritage, including the heartfelt faith of these founding fathers.
More than simply facts and figures, For You They Signed provides an abundance of resources within one volume, including:
- A full year of life-changing, challenging family or group devotional character studies
- Over 90 illustrations, biographical summaries, and insightful quotes
- Character quality definitions, Patrick Henry's speech delivered to the signers, the Christian nature of state constitutions, and the Christian nature of America's universities
The Declaration of Independence remains one of history's most enduring achievements, and this text will help you value those freedoms these men fought for in an insightfully fresh way. It will also assist you in catching the God-given vision of these faithful new Americans, igniting a fire for your family, community, and the generations to come. Here is a volume that should be found in every private and public library in America... a meticulously documented look back to the true birth of our nation.
They pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor so that we could be free!
The original version of this book was essentially for reference. This all-in-one edition has become a course, offering both the text as well as assignments, quizzes, and cumulative tests. Designed for grades 7-9, lessons contain a mix of source documents, related scriptures, short biographies, quotes, and real-world connections. The course includes a suggested daily schedule and a variety of exercises to enhance understanding of the course material.
- Evaluate the signers of the Declaration of Independence
- Investigate the Christian principles America was founded on
- Demonstrate an understanding of Christian character
- Learn why the Declaration of Independence is still important
- Be inspired by the founding Fathers' faith and courage
- Flexible 180-Day Schedule: Approximately 45 minutes per lesson, 5 days a week
- Open & Go - Daily Schedule, Answer Keys
- Engaging Application - Source Documents, related scriptures, signer quotes, real world connections
- Assessments, Quizzes, Cumulative tests
- Note-taking component as a part of each review day.
Did you find this review helpful?