Take the Mystery Out of Teaching High School English!
Learn to Teach Homeschool High School English the Easy Way
How do you feel about English? For us, it was a little scary, difficult to teach, and intimidating. Other people say that it feels overwhelming. Some people think it takes thousands of hours with buckets of tears, but for a few homeschoolers, teaching English is unending joy!
Do you know how to teach:
- spelling, grammar, vocabulary, punctuation, capitalization, parts of speech,
- reports, essay writing, timed essays,
- reading skills, reading for pleasure, reading aloud, speed reading, comprehension,
- classical literature, non-fiction, mythology, fables, poetry, prose,
- communication skills, public speaking, speech and debate,
- American literature, British literature, great books, literary analysis?
Are you feeling overwhelmed yet?! When I looked at high school English requirements like this, I thought of it all as a giant montage of guilt. I felt like I should cover all of those things—during the first month of 9th grade!
Here's Why You Need This Book:
If English seems overwhelming to you, Easy English for Simple Homeschooling: How to Teach, Assess and Document High School English will be a welcome resource! Written in plain English, it offers encouragement and tips for:
- teaching high school writing,
- choosing the best English curriculum
- teaching strategies for high school English
- finding great high school reading books, AKA a college-bound reading list
- determining what makes an English credit,
- assessing grades, teaching unique learners, and more.
Easy English for Simple Homeschooling is part of The HomeScholar's Coffee Break Book series. Designed especially for parents who don’t want to spend hours and hours reading a 400-page book on homeschooling high school, each book combines Lee's practical and friendly approach with detailed, but easy-to-digest information, perfect to read over a cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop!
Never overwhelming, always accessible and manageable, each book in the series will give parents the tools they need to tackle the tasks of homeschooling high school, one warm sip at a time.
Who is Lee Binz and Why Should You Listen to Her?
Lee Binz, The HomeScholar, understands what it takes to graduate homeschool students who are fully prepared for college and for life. Lee's practical advice and organized presentations have helped thousands of homeschool parents muster the courage to complete their homeschooling journey. She is both reassuring and empowering, and will give you the knowledge you need to successfully graduate your high school student, and have confidence that they are ready to take on the world.
A firm believer that homeschooling provides the best possible learning environment, and that parents are capable of providing a superior education for their children, Lee's mission is to encourage and equip parents to homeschool through high school.
Did you find this review helpful?