PLEASE NOTE: this is your last chance to buy this item. We will NOT be buying it again. Also, this product is NOT RETURNABLE, and SOLD AS-IS. If it is used, it may have defects, such as highlighting, torn pages or loose cover.
The message of Desiring God is that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him, that the great business of life is to glorify God by enjoying him forever. In this paradigm-shattering work, John Piper reveals that the debate between duty and delight doesn't truly exist: delight is our duty. He calls this worldview "Christian Hedonism" and explains why pursuing maximum joy is essential to glorifying God.
In this book, Piper discusses the implications of this worldview for conversion, worship, love, Scripture, prayer, money, marriage, missions, and suffering. Join him as he stuns you again and again with life-impacting truths you saw in the Bible, but never dared believe.
What's New in the 2003 Edition?
- New Appendix: Is God Less Glorious Because He Ordained That Evil Be? Jonathan Edwards on the Divine Decrees
- New Appendix: How Then Shall We Fight for Joy
- Updated References to Statistics and Literature
- New Illustrations and Quotations
- Corrections and Clarifications
Did you find this review helpful?