The Coronavirus Education Kit is an excellent educational tool to use in the classroom, at home, or even at work or community events.
This kit provides detailed, scientifically accurate information about viruses, epidemics, pandemics, explanations of contagion, immunity, and the role of treatments, isolation, and quarantine. Through 6 hands-on activities, students will gain an appreciation for virus transmission, better understand the importance of hygienic practices, and begin to understand the consequences and responses of spread through a community.
The Kit Includes 6 Hands-On Activities:
1. Testing hand-washing techniques for the removal of simulated viruses and germs on hands; practicing proper hand hygiene
2. Exploring person-to-person virus transmission using simulated "germs"
3. Assessing the possibility of surface-to-person transmission
4. Demonstrating droplet-based transmission from a sneeze or cough
5. Finding the source of a virus outbreak in a fictitious scenario
6. Creating a potential solution that could be implemented in the fictitious community to protect citizens, prevent the spread of an infectious disease, and care for infected patients
This Coronavirus Education Kit comes with a 26-page, full-color Teachers Guide, a 15-page reproducible Lab Manual with detailed background information for students, and a 6-page reproducible Student Worksheet.
Use this pandemic lab kit to answer questions such as:
- What is a pandemic?
- What is an epidemic?
- What is a virus vs. bacteria?
- How are infectious diseases spread?
- And more!
Use this kit for an individual or a group of up to 5 students (note: copies of the Student Worksheet and Lab Manual will be required). For a larger group of students, purchase however many Add-On packs you need; each add-on contains the equipment and supplies required for another group of up to 5 students (copies of printed documents required).
Note: This kit contains information related to an ongoing disease outbreak. The facts related to this situation may change rapidly and this kit may not reflect the most up to date information. If you have questions or concerns, consult your doctor or local health officials for more information.
Did you find this review helpful?