Join Richele Baburina and Sonya Shafer as they demonstrate step by step how Charlotte Mason taught math in a practical and life-related way from beginning numbers through fractions.
This parent resource is designed to help you fully grasp the methods Charlotte used to teach math. With these videos you will
- See how Charlotte Mason infused math lessons with living ideas.
- Learn how to teach elementary arithmetic without an expensive curriculum, or gather ideas to supplement your curriculum of choice.
- Discover how short, focused math lessons can reinforce good habits.
- Gain confidence to guide your student in steady math progress at his own pace.
More than 3-1/2 hours of practical living math demonstrations.
- Introduction to Living Math (17 minutes)
- Numbers (25 minutes)
- Money (17 minutes)
- Notation and Place Value (22 minutes)
- Addition and Subtraction Tables (12 minutes)
- Mental Arithmetic (11 minutes)
- Addition with Larger Numbers (18 minutes)
- Subtraction (15 minutes)
- Multiplication (10 minutes)
- Constructing Multiplication Tables (14 minutes)
- Advanced Multiplication (13 minutes)
- Division (20 minutes)
- Fractions (7 minutes)
- Paper Sloyd (19 minutes)
- In Conclusion (1 minute)
Pair this video set with the complete reference book, Mathematics: An Instrument for Living Teaching, for all the details on teaching math the Charlotte Mason way.
Did you find this review helpful?