Argumentation and Debate: Taking the Next Step helps you do just that--take the next step forward in your understanding and application of debate theory. Although this text will aid any debater, it builds upon the foundation laid in An Introduction to Policy Debate. Written for the homeschool debater, this text contains material pertinent for those competing in the National Christian Forensics and Communications Association.
- A discussion of different case types, including Alternative Justification (AJAC) cases
- Special sections explaining stock issues, absolute voting issues, and the differences between them
- A section on value debate, including case construction and value hierarchies
- Practical lists, charts, references, glossary, and index
- A distinctly Christian interpretation of debate theories and strategies
Editors with experience:
- Deborah Bush Haffey is Associate Professor of Communication Arts at Cedarville University, where she has served as the award-winning Director of Debate for 14 years. She has been actively involved in homeschool debate since its founding.
- Jeffrey B. Motter serves as Instructor of Communication Arts and Director of Debate at Cedarville University, receiving awards both as a debater and as a coach. He has been closely associated with homeschool debate for the past several years.
- Christy L. Shipe helped found the homeschool debate league under Home School Legal Defense Association and currently sits on the Board of Directors of the National Christian Forensics and Communications Association. She is the author of An Introduction to Policy Debate.
Did you find this review helpful?