Get ready to make reading your student’s favorite subject of the day! This is a delightful, developmentally appropriate method for learning to read. All About Reading is a scripted, open-and-go program, developed for busy parents, teachers, and tutors who want to teach reading in the most effective way possible.
Continue your student’s progress on the pathway to reading with All About Reading Level 2. When you order this set of Level 2 Materials, you'll receive these four items:
- Level 2 Teacher's Manual
- Level 2 Student Packet (including the Leap into Reading activity book)
- What Am I? decodable reader
- Queen Bee decodable reader
Please note: In addition to the Level 2 Materials, you will also need either the Basic or Deluxe Reading Interactive Kit. The Interactive Kit contains non-consumable items that are used throughout the entire All About Reading program. If you are already using All About Spelling, you can use the same Letter Tiles and free Phonogram App, and will only need to add the Reading Divider Cards and Reading Review Box.
Here's What Your Student Will Learn in Level 2
Your student will learn exciting new concepts, including three-letter blends, the introduction of Silent E, new phonograms, and methods for decoding multisyllable words – and continue to establish a firm foundation for a lifetime of learning. Every component of reading is taught: decoding (phonics and structural analysis), vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension. Below is a sampling in each area.
- Learn phonograms WH, EE, ER, AR, OR, ED, OY, OI, AW, AU, OW, OU
- Read words containing the new phonograms, such as whale, sheep, herd, farm, horn, toy, boil, saw, haul, flower, and found
- Read words with long I or O before two consonants, as in find and gold
- Read words with soft C, as in race
Decoding (Structural Analysis)
- Identify base words
- Read contractions, such as they’ll
- Learn syllable division rules for reading multisyllable words
- Read words with past tense ending ed, including all three sounds, as in wanted, tested, and chipped
- Discuss new words in the context of the story and one’s own life
- Understand homophones
- Understand synonyms and antonyms
- Read with accuracy
- Read with meaningful expression
- Read with natural phrasing
- Connect text to own experiences
- Make predictions
- Compare and contrast settings
- Skim for specific information
Did you find this review helpful?