With All About Reading, your child will be actively involved in the learning process. This is a true multisensory program: your child will learn through sight, sound, and touch. Everything is taught in context, and your child applies new learning right away. Your child will be engaged in thinking, processing, comparing, and learning.
Students who use the All About Reading method tend to feel a sense of excitement in learning. And they should! They are learning how to think, explore, and grow in their abilities. They feel successful as they see continual progress.
There are no gaps in this program. Your child will be taught everything he or she needs to know about reading, so no guessing is required. Each new concept builds upon the previous one, and no steps are skipped.
There are five key components of reading—and our program teaches all of them thoroughly. Those components are:
- Phonological Awareness
- Phonics and Decoding
Most importantly, All About Reading is committed to results. The All About Reading program has a very focused mission: to enable you to teach your child to read as quickly as you can, while guaranteeing retention and enjoyment. Its approach to reading develops children into confident readers who absorb and retain new information.
This package includes:
- Teacher's Manual
- Student Activity Packet (Book & Cards)
- Reader 1:
- Reader 2:
- Reader 3:
You will also need:
All About Reading Basic Interactive Kit (Letter Tiles, magnets, divider cards & free app download)
Here's What Your Student Will Learn in Level 1
Your student will learn exciting new concepts, including letter sounds, phonograms, consonant teams, blending, syllables, sight words, consonant blends, plurals, compound words, and much more. Every component of reading is taught: decoding (phonics and structural analysis), vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension. Below is a sampling in each area.
- Learn techniques for syllable counting
- Isolate sounds in three- and four-letter words
- Practice phonemic substitution
- Learn phonograms A-Z, plus TH, SH, CH, CK, NG, NK
- Read short vowel words containing the new phonograms, such as man, set, pup, quack, class, bench, trunk, king, and gasp
- Read words ending in FF, LL, and SS, as in hill and kiss
- Read words with initial blends, as in step and flag
- Read words with final blends, as in next and lost
Decoding (Structural Analysis)
- Read plural words with suffix s or es, such as pigs and lunches
- Read compound words, such as windmill
- Discuss new words in the context of the story and one’s own life
- Connect new words to familiar words
- Read with accuracy
- Read with meaningful expression
- Read with natural phrasing
- Connect text to one's own experiences
- Understand dialogue
- Give and discuss opinions
- Set a purpose for reading
Did you find this review helpful?