Use phonics skills to venture through a busy barnyard, a New England orchard, and an energetic soccer field while catching the details that make story settings vivid in the mind of a child. This book is filled with classics and children favorites, including 16 stories, 1 play, and 19 poems. This is the third book (2c) in the Abeka Reading Program for 2nd grade. Each of the ten books gradually advance your students’ reading skills. Gr. 2.
- Character-building truths. As your students read stories about children and animals, they will learn many character qualities.
- Literary terms. Introduction to literary parts of a story by reviewing title, author, main character, plot, and highlighting the term-setting.
- Focus on phonics. Phonics-based reader. “Words to Practice” pages covering Charts 12-13.
- Creative Writing. Your students can celebrate their favorite character in the back of the book for creative writing and creative drawing. These activities enhance and assess comprehension of story book characters.
- Thinking Skills. At the end of stories, “Think About It” and “What Do You Think?” factual and inferential questions help to develop thinking skills and apply to real life situations.
A Beka does not sell their materials to retail bookstores, preferring instead to sell their products through representatives and through their website. As a result, we can offer only used A Beka, and can't guarantee we'll get it. We offer here the current retail price of the book for your information, but if our page does not say "Buy Used," we do not have a copy.
Did you find this review helpful?