The most commonly used 501 Hebrew verbs are arranged alphabetically in a table format, one verb per page with English pronunciation and translation, and presented in all forms. To reflect correct Hebrew style, 501 Hebrew Verbs has been printed back cover to front and back page to front. The book's additional features include common idioms with example sentences to demonstrate verb usage and a grammar review.
- The 1580 most common Hebrew verbs, grouped in 565 roots
- The Hebrew roots are printed at the top of each page
- Infrequent verb forms realized in the relevant roots are listed separately (citation forms)
- Present participles, verbal nouns and infinitives (construct and absolute forms)
- Jussive forms of verbs that are significantly different from non-jussive ones
- Exemplary sentences presented for each verb-root group, with accompanying translations, followed by special expressions incorporating the relevant verbs
- An enlightening explanatory essay discusses Hebrew verb formation and usage
- Root index, Hebrew-English index, and English-Hebrew index, in alphabetical order.
Did you find this review helpful?