ESL students quickly discover that knowing the meanings of commonly used verbs—then learning how to use them in all their many tenses and forms—is a vital part of becoming fluent in the new language. This brand-new edition of Barron's 501 English Verbs now comes with a bonus CD-ROM that offers helpful practice exercises in verb conjugation and a concise grammar review. The book presents the most common regular and irregular English verbs alphabetically arranged in table form, one verb per page, and completely conjugated in all tenses. The book also reviews rules of grammar applicable to verb usage, provides a bilingual list of hundreds more regular verbs, and offers tips on idiomatic verb usage. Tinted page-edge tabs offer language students quick alphabetical reference. This book and CD-ROM combination is also an exceptionally valuable reference guide for those preparing for the TOEFL exam.
- The 501 most common English verbs, alphabetically arranged, and conjugated in all tenses and moods
- Principal parts listed for all 501 verbs
- Auxiliary verbs—have, be, do—and their uses
- Common examples of phrasal verbs
- 550 problem verbs and their principal parts
- 501 Verb Drills and Exercises
- Index to the verbs, including irregular forms
The bonus CD-ROM gives you:
- Practice exercises in verb conjugation with answers
- A review of English grammar
New two-color design for easy reference.
Did you find this review helpful?