How can we believe the Bible is true? Why can’t we just agree that love is love? Isn’t Christianity against diversity?
Going to school, hanging out with friends, or scrolling through social media feeds, teenagers are sure to face real challenges to faith in Jesus Christ. And whether you consider yourself a Christ follower or not, these questions can seem like deal breakers.
Backed by state-of-the-art research, personal stories, Harry Potter illustrations (warning: spoilers!), and careful biblical study, this book doesn’t dodge tough questions. Instead, it invites teenagers to ask their hardest questions about Christianity and to find surprising, life-giving answers.
Table of Contents:
Note to Parents, Grandparents, Guardians, and Friends
- How Can I Live My Best Life Now?
Mental and Physical Health Benefits of the Christian Life
- Isn’t Christianity against Diversity?
Racism / Slavery / Christianity as the Most Diverse Movement in History
- Can Jesus Be True for You but Not for Me?Universal Truth / Relativism / Evangelism
- Can’t We Just Be Good without God?
God as the Basis for Morality / 9/11 / Hitler / Stalin / Human Identity / Abortion
- How Can You Believe the Bible Is True?Evidence for the Gospels / Evidence for the Resurrection / True versus Literal
- Hasn’t Science Disproved Christianity?Origins of Science / Science and Faith Controversies / Christian Scientists Today
- Why Can’t We Just Agree That Love Is Love?
Marriage / Sex / Singleness / Friendship / Same-Sex Attraction / Pornography / Abuse
- Who Cares If You’re a Boy or a Girl?
Gender / Feminism / Transgender and Non-Binary Identities
- Does God Care When We Hurt?
God’s Sovereignty in Suffering / God’s Care for Us / Prayer / Purpose
- How Can You Believe in Heaven and Hell?Meaning of Heaven and Hell / Sin and Judgment / Salvation / Invitation
A “Thank You” Note
Did you find this review helpful?