Spellwell D includes the first 15 lessons for fifth grade. Each word list features a different phonetic element or word pattern, and includes 17–20 Spellwell words, 2–3 Outlaw (high-frequency) words, and additional room for classroom words that can be individualized to meet the needs of each student. The exercises are designed to be completed in 4 days, working 30 minutes each day, with the fifth day of the week designated for the spelling test. Exercises include games with rhyming, sorting, and adding affixes, writing exercises, and extension activities.
- Words with short vowels in first syllable
- Words with long vowels in first syllable
- r-Controlled Vowels
- Suffixes (-ful, -hood, -ment, -ness, -ship, -ance, -ence, -tion)
- Soft c and g
- Adding suffixes to words ending in -e
- Vowel digraphs (ea, ey, ee, ie)
- Words ending in -al and -le
Did you find this review helpful?