This classic geography book for elementary age students is newly popular again. Blue Sky Daisies brings you the same classic book, completely re-typeset in a pleasing and fresh format. Home Geography for Primary Grades, originally published in 1894, teaches children the timeless geography of the world around them. In charming and conversational prose, C. C. Long teaches the fundamentals of geography.
- Navigation, directions, and the compass
- Hills, mountains, and valleys
- The water cycle, weather, rivers and streams
- Maps and forms of land and water
- Flora and fauna
- Resources found in the earth
- People living and working
Throughout the book, teachers will find helpful writing assignments meant to help students narrate back the ideas they learned in the chapter. Oral exercises give discussion prompts. This book can be read aloud and discussed together, or assigned to independent readers followed by discussion.
Did you find this review helpful?