For a review of Apologia Science, please click here.
To understand more about the Young Explorer series, please click here for full review.
Complementing Exploring Creation with Astronomy, the Astronomy Notebooking Journal will provide everything your students need to complete their studies in astronomy. The Notebooking Journal serves as your child's individual notebook, providing a place for them to complete every assignment, record their experiments and display their work.
Included in the Astronomy Notebooking Journal is:
- A daily Schedule for completing the reading, activities and projects, utilizing a two-day per week plan.
- Fascinating Facts Templates for your student to record what they learned with both words and illustrations.
- Templates for completing the Notebooking Assignments.
- Review Questions, which can be answered orally or in writing as a written narration.
- Scripture Copywork, with both print and cursive practice - which is a valuable method for memorizing Scripture, teaching spelling, grammar and writing, as well as handwriting practice.
- Project Pages for the student to keep a record and log of projects they completed.
- Take it Further ideas for additional activities, projects, experiments, books or videos that correlate with the lesson.
- Beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books, which the students may wish to create, encouraging them to record facts and information they learned in each lesson. These are then placed on the Miniature Book Paste Page, to display in their notebook.
- Field Trip Sheets to document astronomy-related field trips they enjoyed during their studies.
- A Final Review with fifty questions the students can answer either orally or in writing to show off all they remember and know about astronomy at the end of the course.
The Notebooking Journal is a perfect compliment to Exploring Creation with Astronomy. Students will cherish their individual notebooks as they make it their very own with words and illustrations reflecting all they have learned in their pursuit of astronomy. Additionally, it serves as your record of your students' scientific endeavors throughout the year. When your children flip through their notebooks, they will be reminded of the knowledge they have attained, reviewing the material as they peruse the pages they have created.
Did you find this review helpful?