Many books have been written to show that dispensationalism is either right or wrong. In this book, Vern Poythress takes a different approach.
Is Scripture one unified plan of redemption, a disconnected series of dispensations, or something in between? The author outlines the current situation of dispensationalism and provides a careful exegetical challenge to the varying forms of dispensational thinking. This edition adds a postscript in which Poythress responds to feedback from dispensational readers.
Table of Contents:
- Getting Dispensationalists and Nondispensationalists to Listen to Each Other
- Characteristics of Scofield Dispensationalism
- Variations of Dispensationalism
- Developments in Covenant Theology
- The Near Impossibility of Simple Refutations
- Strategy for Dialogues With Dispensationalists
- The Last Trumpet
- What is Literal Interpretation?
- Dispensational Expositions of Literalness
- The Interpretive Viewpoint in Old testament Israel
- The Challenge of Typology
- Hebrews 12:22-24
- The Fulfillment of Israel in Christ
- Other Areas for Potential Exploration
Did you find this review helpful?